A global manufacturing client wants to track the status of cost reduction measures and track financial impact in real time.
- Project teams are working in 27 locations around the world
- Measures affecting headcount or involving risk require central approval
- Central steering team requires weekly status updates
- Individual Access-based tools, distributed on a Citrix Server, to enter initiative data, manage updates and create reports for initiatives
- Central database to consolidate/roll-up data from decentral tools and produce reporting
- Data on planning, implementation status, and financial impact collected from team leaders via tabbed data forms
- Data automatically consolidated into central database using client’s internal network
- A wide variety of standard, combination and custom charts can be created
- Outputs from this tool are exported directly from Access into PowerPoint
Baselines and top-down targets are entered per sub-unit
The status of individual activities is visually identified automatically by the tool using a series of "traffic lights"
Planned and actual saving over time can we presented in various aggregation levels
Degree of completion displayed using bar chart
Various lists give detailed overview on entered measures