A healthcare client needed to predict demand over 8 years and simulate the impact of a variety of initiatives.
- Consolidating complex data from several different sources
- Forecasting demand at the most granular level, based on a multitude of factors
- Simulating the impact of different initiatives for individual sites and Primary Care Trusts at different granularities (including closing and opening of hospital specialties/departments)
Access database with Excel front-end.
Access database contains:
- Data from multiple sources (e.g. estimated demographic development per zip code)
- Simulation logic and results
- Modify simulation parameters and trigger simulation
- Create reports based on simulation results
- Export results to PowerPoint and standard Excel format required by authorities
The client managed to prepare a detailed forecast and initiative plan for the next decade based on the simulation tool. Results were reported to authorities in time without the usual need for readjustment afterwards.
Detailed forecast model simulates behaviour of patients after site reconfigurations. Simulation can be configured and modified by Admin user.
Projected demand forecast by speciality.
Custom waterfall chart provides quick understanding of expected changes.
Detailed resource planning and financial forecasting reports produced for each site enabling submissions to national database.
Impact of hospital site reconfiguration is broken down for individual sites to enable optimum capacity planning.